I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Apr 13, 2011

Ancient Language Backgrounds, Graphics

Hi,

I have a couple of ancient language graphics for you that can be used as backgrounds. One black and one grey of each. They came out of an old bible copyrighted 1896 with 124 plates included in the back. Printed for the Oxford University.

The first one is Assyrian and dates back to about B.C. 705 - 681.

 This lighter version of it won't show up well on my post, but if you click on it, you'll see it clearer on the page that comes up. I thought it might work well as a faded background on some of your projects.


The second one is an Ethiopac Octateuch from the 15th Century.

Here is the lighter version of the Ethiopac Octateuch - again, click on it to see it better. It just doesn't show up well on my background.


I thought these were extremely interesting! Maybe you can find a use for them. :)

I have a Button Bouquet Digital Stamp ready to be posted in the next two days, and Graham is working on one too....maybe we'll do a double one if he's finished his by then.

Thanks for visiting!
Carmen

12 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say thank you! Love those backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked them! I'll be posting more of these soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab and one of a kind! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome background! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just too awesome--thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting image. Will work especially wonderful for backgrounds. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for some different backgrounds. Really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. These are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the backgrounds, they are very handy
    Loraine L

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!