I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Apr 15, 2011

Sparkly Anniversary Card

I thought it was about time for another card. Things have been so busy around here, and I'm still hoping to get that Easter card made, but I have company all weekend - so please be patient with me!

I'm just loving the blues and purples in this paper. I love the swirls and the music notes, and I thought it was just perfect for my son and his wife who will be celebrating 6 years this Saturday. Gosh, I can't believe it's been 6 years already. They've given us 2 beautiful grandchildren in that time!

So here is the card:
 I've really been enjoying embossing acetate to add to my cards. I just love the look of it. I've added some flowers, to which I added stickles, and I distressed the edge of the white flower with purple ink. The center is a clear button on paper attached with stickles. You can't see the 'shiny' in the photo, but it's there. ;)
I added some ribbon at the bottom of the acetate and ruffled it a bit.
You can see it a bit better here. It's held on there with embellishment tape, so it won't come off. You can also see the embossing better.
Here's the butterfly on the inside. I enhanced the butterfly and the whole card with stickles. I wanted it to be sparkly because my DIL has such a fun sparkly personality!
Happy Anniversary to our wonderful son Chris and his beautiful wife Julie! It's a blessing knowing your marriage will be a long and happy adventure! Love ya long time!! Dad and Mom! 
PS: Go Canucks!

List of Supplies:
DCWV The Music Stack pad
Prima Flowers
Clear Button
Ribbons
Stickles (blue, green, stardust, purple)
Butterfly
Hero Arts Sentiment (Everyday sayings)
Double sided tape
Embellishment tape
Martha Stewart Lace punch
Clear Craft Plastic
Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots folder

Thanks for visiting!
 
Blessings!
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments!