I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Jun 3, 2011

Card and Background Freebie

Good Evening!

We went to Penticton the other day and also popped over to Kelowna to visit one of the Scrapbooking stores in the area since we don't have a store locally. I wanted some Distress ink refills so I could do some cards with a nice inked background, which I found. I also found a nice large stamp, and a few other little things. It's always a good day when I can go scrapbook shopping!! ;))

Here's the card I made using the inks and the stamp. It's a nice simple card.

I also felt like doodling a bit, so I made a background while playing. The text is an article from a Gardening magazine dated 1950. The flourish and flowers I put over top thinking it might make a nice background for a card.



It's a nice start to the front of a card. If you make something with it, I'd love to see it! It's fun to see what people do with them!

I'm working on a few other Sweet Peas which I'll be posting in the next few days, so check back soon.

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Carmen

27 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a lovely background! And also a nice layout idea for a card, so simple and elegant! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Carmen, I love the rich beautiful colours and the stamp over the top...beautiful. The background you made is wonderful...
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is wonderful, love the colors! Thank you for the background, it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful background - I'm going incorporate it into a card. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this is just what I've been looking for. Thank you so much its wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this I am always looking for backgrounds and this one is perfect, I love it . Thank you bunches , this is such an answer Thank you again and again. Hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely background. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute and useful. thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful background! Thank you very much. Pat K.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card and I love the background graphic, I am sucker for script backgrounds thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is beautiful! It reminds me of a lovely sunset.

    Thank you for the terrific background. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely BG paper, thanks so much, love it.....

    Silverbutterfly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, and than you for sharing this lovely background.
    Jose

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the background, perfect for cards which are "missing something". love the card too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for the gorgeous background! It will get a lot of use on my cards. You are very generous to share your talent!

    Vicki L

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thankyou so much for the background. I will certainly let you know when I have used it. Love your card too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful background paper. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you much for the very lovely background.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so awesome. Will work perfect for so many uses. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE the card, Carmen! The colors are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's really pretty. I'm going to use it for my next weekly card for my friend who is slowly recovering from her bone marrow transplant for leukemia. That's why I make cards. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card is lovely...great colours!
    Thanks for the image..I love texts, this one is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card! Thanks for the background image. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!