I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Oct 13, 2011

Spirit Bear Statue Freebie

Hello again!

This is my second post today! Well, technically it's Graham's post, but I'm putting it together for him. Graham has been working on a pretty cool image.

FYI,
Some years ago the B.C. Lions Society for Children with Disabilities launched an Orca in the City project and found sponsors to commission 120 orca statues through which they raised about $700,000 for its Easter Seal operations for children with disabilities and the Canuck Place children's hospice.

There are now 200+ Spirit Bear sculptures in B.C. The model is the Kermode, a black bear on the north B.C. coast that has white fur because of a rare genetic trait. There are many of these statues in Vancouver, B.C., all unique in their design.

Here's Graham's image. If you're into Native Indian Art, this may be just the thing you're looking for. 
Graham did up one from another viewpoint.


There are many unique bear statues like these all over B.C.

They even have a Darth Vader Bear, a Hockey player Bear, and one in PJ's, etc.To see a few of them, click HERE. 

Yes, British Columbians are a unique bunch! :)


Enjoy the freebie!


Blessings,
Carmen


13 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to post 2 times! Love the freeebie but the thought behind it is even greater! What a wonderful way to show ove & caring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your images,thanks for sharing.
    It is so nice to see a fellow British Columbian
    I live in Salmon Arm.
    Jocelan
    PS Have you been to Elaine Roste's shop in her basement

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! @jperr...I haven't been to Elaine's shop. Where in Salmon Arm?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know when I would ever use this, but it's really cool! Thanks for the explanation behind it too. I'm from Saskatchewan and it's always wonderful to see images with a Canadian flavour to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carmen! Thanks so much for these images.... they are awesome. I lived in Vancouver in 1994-95, and love all things Canadian. I miss it dreadfully, but have very fond memories of every moment, and relive vicariously through my scrapbooked photos. I loved Stanley Park, Sun Yat Sens Gardens, and the Nanaimo Bars and Hot Chocolate from the Art Gallery! This will be a fantastic image for many pages.
    hugs and blessings from Australia,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great images, love them. Only been to Canada once and it's a beautiful place to see. Would love to go back again and stay a lot longer.....

    Silverbutterfly

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are different. Great! And thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't snagged the image as I'd likely never use it, not that it's not fab! Had a quick look at the real bears & they're fab! Thanks for showing us x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooooh. Love these! Thank you. Norma W

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are awesome images!!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!