I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Jan 12, 2012

Organization, Free Heart Notes Digi

Hey there!

I'm stoked!

I've decided to change our basement room into a craft room after reading this post on Madigan Made, a blog which actually belongs to a gal named Shannon! She took a corner of her basement and changed it into a very functional space!  Check out this site...there's lots of before and after photos, and lots of great storage ideas!

The truth is, I have stuff everywhere! Not just scrapbooking stuff either. I love to sew, make soap, and various other crafts. Right now my craft stuff is taking up room in my bedroom, my guest room and in my basement -- room I could use for other things! It's everywhere, and I need - yes, need a space!!

Also, I've seen lots of ribbon organization ideas, but this one is a well designed ribbon organizing idea I found on Craft:Transforming Traditional Crafts. It's a post by Paula Biggs named Ribbons of Organization.
Here is a photo:
There is a full tutorial on how to make your own, and it is easy peasy!! I love this one because:

1. Your rolls of ribbon won't unravel
2. They're easy to take out and put back
3. You won't have to remove the other spools to throw out an empty one

In short, it's highly functional. The tut fits 4" spools, but you can easily make it for different sizes.

Anyway...that's enough about my happenings, here are some free digi's for you.




Have a good weekend!

*Remember to send me an email if you use my digi's and I'll add a photo and link back to your blog. Also please check out my terms of use above.

Blessings,
Carmen

26 comments:

  1. That's a great ribbon holder, thanks for the link. I think it is something I could actually make myself :)
    Really cute heart notes, thanks for sharing :) I finally got some paper out yesterday to play for a bit, can't believe it's the middle of the month already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the digis & for the link. The ribbon organizer is a great idea. I have mine on dowling right now & it is okay but a bit of a pain when you have to remove an empty spool! Will definitely give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty! Thanks for sharing them just in time for Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea..i'll have to work on that as i have soooo much ribbon. You will be in heaven when you get your room done. I just finished with mine and i love love to spend hours in there, very relaxing and just an overall peaceful place. I did a small video showing everyone how it turned out...www.justwordz.ca if you would like to see, it's a few posts back..tfs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had a basement! We have an attic, but I'm not comfortable leaving certain craft supplies in a hot attic! I have many labeled plastic boxes for items in my craft closet--a corner of our laundry room.

    But, my big problem is all of the leftover fabric I have from sewing projects--which I keep in my master bedroom closet. It looks like Shannon's "before" photo. I have it stacked by color, but it's always a messy stack. Maybe I need those shelf dividers. I use them successfully in my linen closet for sheet sets. Hadn't thought about that until this post.

    Thanks for sharing! I know you'll have fun carving out your basement craft space....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the music notes. Thank you so much!
    Charlene M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carmen,
    Love the heart music notes!
    Thanks for visiting my site and for your encouraging comments! Yes you can use a picture of my card on your site with a link back. I really love your images and intend to use some more soon. Thank you.
    Love Pearl x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for these awesome digi's love your blog and just joined your e-mail list. Hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. TY for your cool digis...and I appreciate your leaving them up as I was able up to pick up a few I had missed. LOVE them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love hearts...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love the heart notes!!! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The ribbon holders I have seen for sale are always so expensive! Thank you for the freebies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have three budding musicians in the family and I just know I'll get a lot of use out of these. Thanks so much.

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for the ribbon info, I love the system.
    Hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hate ribbon holders where you have to remove spools to get to the empty one! Thank you for the link to a workable holder.

    Thank you for the images, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the music/heart digis!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I do like that organizer! I've been trying to find a functional one for years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, me too! It's so simple as well. I'm definitely going to do that for mine!

      Delete
  19. Very pretty images. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!