I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Jun 24, 2012

Metal Foil Tape Card

G'Morning!

I've been working on something new! My nephew has a birthday coming up soon, and I wanted to make him a masculine card. A nice masculine card is hard to find--so I decided to try something with metal foil tape. I am calling this the "Industrial Metal Technique."

I know you can buy it at Michael's. I think there's about 36" of it in a package. I read somewhere that it's similar to the stuff you can buy in a hardware store...so I got a whole roll of it for 3.50 CAD. Good thing too, because I didn't do so well on the first card I made and ended up doing it over.

I actually thought it turned out okay and I hope he likes it. 
It was hard to get a good photo of it...
One more of the front.
Here's the inside
I did the saying inside with free fonts. Jokerman and Ironcladbolted. The second has lettering with rivets on them.

In addition to the metal foil tape, I used two Cuttlebug folders; the Cogs and Gears, and the Happy Birthday folders.
I used a metal key, a bike charm and 4 decorative metal brads.
Also, I used that mesh with adhesive under the tape.
I added 'rivets with a pointy tool, and used a roller for some of the detail.
There was black acrylic paint applied and then wiped off, and also some metallic rub ons.
I got the metal letters at the Dollar Store.

If you'd like to see some of the techniques I used, take a look at this Youtube video by Rach0113:
Double click on the video to get a full screen (press esc. once it's done)
Well, have a good day!


One more thought:
Treat other people as you want them to treat you. Luke 6:31

Blessings,
Carmen

21 comments:

  1. thanks so much for a terrific video... this looks possible now! Wonderful card, fantastic results!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I am just desperate to have ago at this, thanks so very much for sharing, it's fabulous...wow..xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- I would love to give this a try and have such amazing results! Thanks so much for the video link too- how awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your fabulous card! Love the Bible verse too! Thanks very much!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card. I'll have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked how your card turned out...great masculine card. Thanks also for the link to see the technique. I really enjoy your website.
    Lorrie from MI

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant again! Carmen, I never watch the videos on blogs, but I HAD to see how you did this! I am going to raid my hubby's tool box for the tape and try it--whatever it turns out! I don't have all those fancy tools (but my kitchen does!!) or inks, but I can make it work! Again, it may be a while, but it's on my to do list. You are amazing and so inspiring!!
    I like the Bible verse to. It is such a simple way to live. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY!!! I cannot wait to search through my hubby's stash tomorrow! If this isn't THE coolest and most inspiring thing I have seen in forever, well, it just us!!!Thank you so much! Can't wait to get started on my own cards like this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh oh...hope your hubby's don't contact me! Lol...thanks to all of you for your kind comments! Glad you like it...the possibilities with this are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a brilliant card Carmen, thank you for joining us at Here come the Boys challenge. Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carmen-I had to search but I found the tape! and was it ever so much fun making a card for a friend of mine- I just couldn't remember to take a picture of it! argh- oh well, guess I'll just have to make another now so that I can have a picture(if I can remember this time :)Thanks again for the cool inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome Kathy! Glad it worked out for you!! :)

      Delete
  12. oh wow!!! that is amazing and truely a card with metal on for the challenge. i have never seen anything like it...i must have a go too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word, this is AWESOME! Perfect for the Metal and/or Embossing challenge over at Here Come The Boys, Thanks for joining in, good luck and hope to see you next time too, Donna ☺

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so awsome! I am sure he loved the card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!