I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Dec 12, 2012

It's a Holly Jolly Sleigh Ride (3)

Hey there,

The horses are frisky tonight! Are you ready for our last Sleigh Ride? Hang on tight and bundle up well...it's chilly out there!

Let's look at some unique gift or decorating ideas!

Amber, from Salt Tree certainly knows how to get my attention! I just LOVE this adorable project. It's a magical Christmas story come to life!! Awesomeness! There's a tutorial! Just sayin'...so click on the link for the wonderful wintery instructional! LOVE it!!
It's really not fair! Some people have more talent than you can shake a stick at. That's also true for Anita, at The Artful Maven Haven. She invites us to visit The Hood at Christmastime! How incredible is this centerpiece, I ask?!! UHmazing!
To see close ups of individual items, click on the blog link. It's just gorgeous!!

Look at those adorable Christmas Fabric Baskets!! EEeek!! They are just adorable!! I want to make some for my grandkids. They have stockings at home, but these are great for Gramma's house! :)
There's a great tutorial by Pam, from Threading My Way. Be sure and visit her on her blog. Lots of inspiration there.
Here's another quick but lovely gift idea! Check out Dandelions and Dust Bunnies to find out what Kathy has been up to! What a great idea!! It's wood and paper people...you can make these, and she shows you how!!

Hey! Let's stop here! Who doesn't like jewelry....especially for last minute gifts? 

Love these Jersey Knit Bracelets from V and Co. There's a tutorial on her blog. Great for last minute gifts!

Sarah, from Sarah Ortega has a tutorial on how to make these super cute Birds Nest Necklaces! Oh my they are cute!!!!
Little Birdie Secrets has done it again! Oh how I love things that are unique. Got paper? Make jewelry!!
Last, but certainly not least, look at this cute little yardstick tree created by Carlene from Organized Clutter.
I hear cookie exchanges are pretty popular. What's a creative way to wrap those cookies up? Let's look here for some ideas!!
                              Paper, Plates and Planes
                                 Country Living
                  Broadway Paper
              Stony Brook Cookie Co.

Are you cold? 
Check out these hand warmers! Not much to say except they're made with rice. I found them on Pinterest here. Just put them in the microwave, put them in your pockets, and you'll have warm hands for at least an hour!

Let's stop in at the Candy Boutique!

I love the following idea in place of stockings for the grandkids! Instead of using boxes, I just might use the denim boxes from Threading My Way featured above!
This Candy Bouquet is at Crafts N Coffee. Love them peeps!

And look at those Candlestick Apothecary Jars. How creative!!! Kayleen from This Old Chair sure has a unique flair! Plus, she tells you how to make your own!

Celebrating Inspiration has a tutorial to make Grace's Candy Topiaries. 

How about some fun that the kids can help with? 

Sue, from Munchkin Munchies makes these cute little  Peppermint Platters. How cute are these?

When you're done that, how about putting together a Peanut Igloo? Zakka Life  shows you how! Your kiddos will love it!

So, for this one you may have to make most of it....but the kids are going to LOVE IT!!! Check out The Fickle Pickle and Make It Do for this super Snowman Kit...Just Add Snow! :)
            Make It DoHat instructions
I'm working on my own Snowman Making Kit right now. I've decided to use Glittery Holly Leaves on the Hat....here's mine~


Oh...and I made a printable for the tags. Here it is if you'd like to make your own! What fun!!

Time to stop at Penny's Paper Shop!

Here's some printable tags from Creative Index! Please go there to download, and please leave a comment with them!

Have your kids received a Letter from Santa yet? Here's one from Free Santa Letters.net. Please go to their site to download. If you want to create a personalized one, they also do that!
I love looking at Christmas Cards...check out the ones below for some great ideas!
                          Cards By Kerri
   Susie Stampalot  Great card to go with a neighbor gift! 

Organizing Home Life has an awesome list of Stocking Stuffers for different genders and ages! Check out the link!

Well, it's getting late and I'm thirsty! Looks like we're back anyway, so let's go inside!

Do you feel like some Festive Holiday Warmers? An Egg Nog Latte? Red Velvet Latte? Or, how about a Gingerbread Hot Chocolate? Find the recipes at the Salt Tree!
How about a Cake Pop to go with that? Janine at Sugar Kissed shows you how!
Now before you leave, make sure you give the horses a nice rub on their noses for all their hard work!

I hope you enjoyed our last Sleigh Ride of the season! I've enjoyed having you along!

Are you interested in my earlier Sleigh Rides for more great ideas? Check out the links below!

Sleigh Ride 1, 2012
Sleigh Ride 2, 2012 
Sleigh Ride 1, 2011 
Sleigh Ride 2, 2011
Sleigh Ride 3, 2011
Sleigh Ride 1, 2010
Sleigh Ride 2, 2010
Sleigh Ride 3, 2010
Sleigh Ride 4, 2010


Blessings,
Carmen
PS: This may be my last post for a week or two. I have some Christmas crafting and shopping to do!! =D

6 comments:

  1. I like the basked idea made out of the pant legs. That would be great for gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Greg! I'd really love to make some of those as well! I think they'd make great gifts!

      Delete
  2. Cookies with button holes. Wow.... What a great tour! I need to take this one again. You really packed a ton of ideas here :-)

    Thanks again for this lovely series, and for sharing your work, too! (Now, get your crafting and shopping done....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love finding all these ideas! Wish I had time to do them all! :)

      Delete
  3. Carmen, I am deeply honored to be among your list! The fact that you do this is amazing. I can just view all of your posts on this and have enough Christmas inspiration for years...amazing talent and such a wide ranch of gorgeous makes! Thank you truly for showcasing my village and for giving me opportunity to see and learn from others! You rock my dear!!!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did indeed enjoy the final sleigh ride of the season, Carmen. I always get great ideas. Plus I reminisce about a sleigh ride we took years ago when visiting family up north. It was a real treat for this Florida family. :) If I don't get back by before Christmas, have a wonderful day with your family. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!