I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Feb 28, 2015

My Unfortunate Tale and a Free Fairie Pad Digital Stamp.

I have to say, it's been an interesting week! Life is anything but dull, although boring. I know, you'd think that last sentence doesn't make sense, but it does. Read on!

On Thursday the counter guys came to install my new counter top. I was very excited as it has been over 6 weeks since they were ordered. However, my future was not as bright as I'd imagined.

They immediately confessed that there was a piece busted from one of the counters, but they would have that replaced. Well, okay -- stuff happens, not a problem.

Then as they began to put it in it became rather obvious that something was terribly wrong. They told us our walls weren't straight, we nicely told them that the walls were the same as the day they made their measurements. They agreed. Sigh.

However, they continued to work at it, and so my DIL and I decided to go for a coffee as my husband was home anyway. 

Bad decision.

My neighbour has a pipe sticking out at the bottom of the driveway on the border of our properties. The pipe is in a bit of an alcove, as they cemented around it, creating a very uneven divet. My DIL was parked behind my husband, and so as I came around the car to step in the passenger side, I didn't see it and must've stepped in it.

Well, I went down so fast I didn't even realize it until I was sliding down the driveway (the driveway is quite steep as well). My foot immediately began to swell and I was in intense pain from my ankle and both my knees and my hands. I just had to lie there and take in the pain for a minute so I could manage it. 

My poor DIL....all I heard was "Mummy? Mummy? Where are you mummy...what happened mummy, oh no, mummy, MUMMY!!! If I weren't in so much pain I would have burst out laughing. It's actually turned it into kind of a funny memory, oddly enough. Lol...

Anyway, I had her remove my one shoe right away. Later at Emergency they X-rayed my ankle and both my knees. I was happy to find out nothing was broken. The left knee took most of the fall, but somehow I pulled my right thigh really badly as well. My right ankle has a huge ball like swelling on the side and in the front that's all going black. My only complaint is that my knee is so sore on the left leg that I'm having trouble using it to balance and hold my weight while I maneuver around on crutches, since I can't put any weight on my right leg. I feel so helpless! Blech!

So although I have counters in, they don't fit properly and they'll be replacing them asap, hopefully in a week or so. I was happy that my ankle wasn't broken, but I am hobbling around on crutches for the next few days. All in all, it could have been worse.

The good news is, I have amazing DIL's! One came over the next day and made me breakfast and lunch, vacuumed, did laundry and some general cleaning. I like a clean house, so I thought it was super sweet! Then my other DIL came over and did some cleaning in the kitchen, brought me some food and then did my nails for me. So sweet!! I know my other DIL would have been here, but she's 16 hours away, She was very concerned though, and so were my boys! It's nice to know you're loved! 

Anyway, now that I've told you my unfortunate tale, you know I've been pretty immobile -- almost to the point of boredom, as I mentioned at the start of this post. 

 So I made a quirky digi.  A little Fairie Pad. :) 


Ya, I don't know why.  I can be a bit quirky and this just made me happy. You'll have to find your own fairie though. 

I have studying to do! I'm teaching on Genesis 6 this week, and probably next week too because I doubt we'll get through it all. I'm a bit of a quirky, albeit detailed teacher too. Not for the faint of heart! Hehe --

Have a good week! 
Blessings,
Carmen

20 comments:

  1. Carmen, you are a peach to maintain such a positive attitude in spite of being in pain and all of your setbacks. You must be a really wonderful person to evoke such devotion from your DILs, as well as your sons. And then you are offering this delightful digi to all of us in blog land. Thank you so much. I pray that you make a swift recovery, but still get to enjoy some more pampering by your family first. :)
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah well, life happens! No point in getting too upset. This too shall pass! Lol...Thank you for your prayers! :)

      Delete
  2. So sorry about your fall! Hope you heal quickly and feel better soon! Thanks for sharing your cute image. Glad to hear you have such good family to help you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! I'll do my best to get healthy again! 😊

      Delete
  3. Yikes, hope you heal up soon! So glad your family is there for you. Thanks for the freebie -- it's adorable & so clever! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! :) I'll be fine...tough as 47 boiled owls!

      Delete
  4. OMG! That sounds PAINFUL! Great family, though! Hope you feel better real soon! Cute digi--thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a big OUCH! I'm fine though, and my family is awesome!! :) You're welcome for the digi!

      Delete
  5. I'm sitting here holding my hand to my mouth saying "oh my, oh my." I can't believe it. My mom and I say--as a joke-- "if anything can go wrong, it will go wrong with us," because it usually does (we laugh about it all the time). I'm sorry to see that this has happened to you also. I'm glad that God has kept your quirky humor alive and well, in spite of what you've been through. I was so holding out hope that your counters would be "fine" after all this; maybe soon??? BTW, great digi image. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...yes it was that kind of day, but I'm fine. Hopefully soon on the counters...they're telling me they've rushed it to be here in a week. We'll see! You're welcome for the digi! :)

      Delete
  6. OMG! I was just on your freebie page. I've been on your blog quite awhile and had not idea you had so many! Thank you for all of them--so many cute ones that I somehow had missed! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! A while back I went through and tried to list them all. I hope I didn't miss any! It's probably time to update the recent ones. :)

      Delete
  7. Thank you for the darling fairie house. Hope you get better soon, counter installed without problems and someone to do something about the thing you tripped over. You could do it again, and that's nothing to look forward too. Elise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, sounds like one heck of a day!! Glad to hear nothing is broken, I probably would have broken out laughing to keep from crying. Hope you heal quickly, as I couldn't stand to be so limited in mobility. The counter guys were really trying to cover there butts with the walls weren't straight weren't they? Good luck. Thank you for the Fairy Pad!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...yes, they were trying really hard. I hope they get it right next time! Thanks for the healing thoughts! :)

      Delete
  9. Great pad.Thank you, Good thoughts going your way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is quite the story~ thankful you weren't hurt any worse than you were and DIL's ~ lucky girl!! Thanks for stopping by my blog :) cm

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me too! It could have been so much worse! Yes, I am blessed. I have four sons and three DIL's, with one more on the way...all of them wonderful people!! :) I enjoyed checking out your blog...some very nice projects there!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!