I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Jun 4, 2012

What I've Been Up To....

Hello!

I hate to keep saying it, but I've been quite busy again the last week. There's been overnight company, shopping with my DIL, babysitting grandkids for a day, a Fundraiser, more shopping, and soap making for two days! So, I thought I'd show you my soap anyway. Enjoy!
These are the two glycerine soaps I made a week back, packaged and ready to go. The one is a nice fresh scent, and the other a Satsuma type scent. 
These are my freshly cut luxurious 'Rose Geranium and Silk' cold process soaps. The bars are about 4 oz. each and smell incredible! They contain Coconut oil, Olive oil, Sustainable Palm oil, Castor oil, Hempseed oil, Aqua, Sodium Hydroxide, Silk, Fragrance, Colorants, Mica, and dried mini roses from my garden. The color really changed on these (looked almost purple yesterday) and will probably change more over the curing time. 
This Glycerin Bundt Cake soap has an amazingly appealing soft scent reminiscent of vanilla, coffee cake and spices. The chocolate glaze is a wonderfully deep scent that goes well with the cake. Sugar sprinkles on top. This bar is over 4 oz...it looks small because of it's shape, but it isn't! This is the first of my cake soaps this year. 

Here's one cut up...
Oh, and I made some Beer Soap today too. This one will probably change quite a bit over the next little while. Here it is in the molds.
"Spellbound Stella"...made with Stella Artois Beer!This, sure to be a lathering cold process soap contains Coconut oil, Palm oil, Stella Artois Beer, Sodium hydroxide, Castor oil, Shea butter, Soybean oil, Canadian Ancient Sea Salt, fragrance oil, GSE and colorants. I'll be cutting it in the next few days, but it'll need to cure 4 to 6 weeks after that.

As you can see...busy, busy, busy. I also made a few single bars of soap, but didn't take pictures of them.

My dried rose collection is growing as well. They look so pretty, and there's something rewarding about taking them out of your own garden! Did you notice I used them on one of the soaps? :)

Well, that's it for today! Have a good week!
Carmen

7 comments:

  1. Wow! You have really found your niche in soap making, Carmen. You're turning out more wonderful products with every batch. I really like your packaging too. Do you have an outlet for selling your soap? If not, you should. You're very talented.

    Blessings,
    Shelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are working very hard at your soaps. They all sound very interesting & I wish there were a way to smell through the computer. I would love to sniff each of them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Your soaps are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous soaps and yes they look good enough to eat :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your soaps are so fun (and maybe delicious). Very creative. I really like the wraps on the soaps in pic #1. Very classy Dear Carmen.
    I am waiting to see the fabulous creation with your roses!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how did you learn how to make your soap so amazingly beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!