I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Aug 14, 2016

Ahoy Matey, it's Another Quick Card!

Well, it's a hot one up here in the interior of BC! Currently we're at 32C and going higher! I'm hiding inside and trying to keep cool, even though I love the sunshine. Unfortunately I can't handle the heat as much anymore.

Today we're celebrating my husbands' upcoming birthday, and I didn't get to it until today, so I made him a quick card. I know he'll like it because I used one of the images he did up himself. Haha! It's available for purchase in my Etsy Shop.


I often call him Mr. Gamble, not because he gambles, but because that's his name. 

Glad I cleared that up, lol

I made up the knot myself by looking at another similar knot I'd used before. The little compass was purchased online from B'Sue Boutique on Etsy. 


Oh, and the bottle I recently found and shared on my Facebook page. It's a free digital. Go have a look. The link to my FB page is also listed in the sidebar of this blog. 

I just know you want to see the cupcakes I'm serving. They're from Sweet Spot Cupcakes in Kamloops. They also make gluten free ones, so I got two of them for my grandkids. I left them plain so they could add sprinkles. There was only one chocolate one left, and I know from experience not to go there, so 2 vanilla it is!! 


Here's a sampling of the flavours: We got Lemon, Cherry, Espresso, Chocolate, Salted Caramel, and I think that last one is Mango? Anyway, they have fancy names, but I'm a no nonsense kind of person. 

Just put them in my mouth!!

A few balloons, some pizza and I'm done! It's a small party, but that's what happens when your family is spread out all over the place. They'll be missed, but it's still going to be fun

As for Mr. Gamble? - He's getting closer to retirement every year! Lol! 

Have a good day!
Carmen

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card - love that ship in a bottle!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. chrissie has left a new comment on your post "Ahoy Matey, it's Another Quick Card!":

    Wonderful card Carmen. The way the string is knotted is terrific

    Love Chrissie xx

    Thanks Chrissie! I deleted the original comment by mistake, so posted it here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!