I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Jan 27, 2018

Loads of Love. Tulip Loaded Clogs, Freebies

I've been going through all my craft stuff and re-organizing everything. Such a huge job, but it's a good opportunity to get rid of things. I brought a bunch of things to Flutterby's, one of our local thrift shops. I also found some incomplete projects, so I will be trying to get those done in the next while.

For today I have a couple of quick cards I did up for Valentines.

For this card, the Digital Stamp Set comes with a truck full of furniture, and also a truck with nothing in it.





I took the latter one and filled it with hearts. The former one would make a great moving day card.


I love wooden shoes, because I'm part dutch. This set of stamps has three different wooden shoes.





For this card I used the Friesian one.


These two were quick, easy cards to make. That's about my speed lately as I've been trying to remain very focused on what I want to get done this year. I really enjoyed making these.

I've been painting lately. I chose to try painting in oils with a palette knife. To learn how, I took a course by Leonid Afremov, a world renown artist. I've been enjoying those classes. Working with only a palette knife requires finishing the painting in one sitting while the paint is still wet. That's been something to get used to as I'm just learning and the paintings take 8 to 10 hours of work. However, it's a good feeling to get each one done. So far I have received perfect marks, so I'm happy. Maybe one day I'll be an artist too! ;)

Have a good weekend everyone,

Blessings,
Carmen

2 comments:

  1. Very good work on the cards.
    Very cute use of your moving truck.
    You know that that digi is one of my favorites. I have used it so many times for people moving!
    I had not seen the shoes before. Cute. Very Scandinavian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Krista! That makes me feel really good and I’m glad you love it! I was born in the Netherlands, so I thought I’d incorporate some wooden shoes into my digis! And tulips! 🌷

      Delete

Thanks for the comments!